Holiday Baking: Cinnamon Bread

Last week I finished almost all of my baking: Cinnamon Bread, Homemade Honey Maple Granola, Melt in Your Mouth Fudge, Dreamy Chocolate Toffee, Sugar Cookies, and Island Cookies. There's still a little bit more that I want to do (like homemade marshmallows)- but like I said- most of it is done and has been shipped off to family and friends already too. Yay!

So today- I'm going to share with you the recipe I used for the Cinnamon Bread from Katie Brown's WEEKENDS.
Makes 2-4 loaves (Depending on size)
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups of flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups buttermilk

For Cinnamon Mixture:

  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon (more if you'd like)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream sugar and shortening together. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Set aside.

In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the buttermilk.

For cinnamon mixture: In a bowl, mix cinnamon into sugar to combine. Set aside.

Pour half the batter into greased loaf pans (I used one large and 2 small). Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Layer the other half of the batter on top and sprinkle with other half of cinnamon mixture.

Using a knife, cut through the batter to swirl in the cinnamon mixture.

Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of your loaf pan, or until a knife comes out clean. (45 minutes is fine for small loaf pans- leave in longer for the larger one).

Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. OMG looks delicious!!! I did some baking last year, and loved sending it off to family and friends!! This year, because of the wedding diet, I'm avoiding it at all costs! Next year, I will return though and come searching for this recipe!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks scrumptious. I hope you saved me a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara- that's awesome that you have such great discipline... I wish I had been like that before our wedding

    Mrs HC- If you're ever in Jackson Hole, I'll make some for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts