Garlic Shrimp and Chickpeas

I made this last week for lunch. It's quick, healthy, and the chickpeas make this dish surprisingly filling. It's also really tasty and would be a great side or appetizer for a dinner party. I just so happened to have a half pound bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer as well (left over from shrimp scampi I'd make a few nights before). The ingredients shown below are for 4 servings, but if you're like us and there's only 2 of you, cut the ingredients in half. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 2 150z. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 6 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil
  • Kosher Salt
  • 1 3/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails intact (I used frozen shrimp already deveined and cooked to speed the process).
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
  • Lemon wedges, for serving

1. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large baking dish, then spread out in a single layer. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with 4 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Marinate 10 minutes.

3. Remove the baking dish from the oven and scatter the shrimp over the chickpeas. Return to the oven and bake until the shrimp are pink, 5-8 minutes. (Since my shrimp were already cooked, I did 5 minutes to simply warm them up). Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.

(Recipe taken from April issue of Food Network Magazine)

Comments

  1. Looks delicious - I love garlic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH crap!! I just made Sean a follower on your blog meaning to make me the follower!!!! Blah! Just know that a Sean post or view is really the Lieutenant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way I was making a dinner and the recipe called for 3 garlic cloves and I thought a whole garlic was called a clove so that meant three whole garlics ..... lets just say I learned a good lesson!! And Sean ate it only cause he loves me ... there was more garlic then meat in it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts