My New Favorite Dinner: Carbonara

This recipe is my new favorite for dinner. I don't know- maybe it's because I'd never had Carbonara before- but between the basil aioli and the fried egg- I'm in love. And then add that with the cheesy pasta- this thing is good.


Ingredients:
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
*****************************************************
  • 1 pound linguine
  • 1 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese (about 4 ounces) (I used shredded cheese)
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
  • 4- 6 large eggs (I used 2 since it was just the two of us)


Bring a largo pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Cook pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the garlic,


Basil,


Egg Yolks,


Lemon Juice,


Mustard,


Salt, Pepper, and & Cayenne in a food processor and run the machine to mix.


With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the vegetable and olive oils.


Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl.


Add 1 cup basil aioli (amount created)


The shaved cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.


Combine.


Melt the butter in a skillet over medium- high heat. Add the eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fry to your liking. Place the eggs atop the pasta and serve. (I super fried mine this time, but in the past I've also done over easy and it was super good as well). And enjoy!



Recipe from Giada's Kitchen

Comments

  1. Ooh I never tried a fried egg on top before - but I do love carbonara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I want to try that! I've never had that with a fried egg either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I'm def going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi, I finally had a chance to make this tonight and it was so delicious. Thanks for posting.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked it Lyn! This is definitely one of my go to recipes for pasta night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, you've never had carbonara before nor have you ever seen it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts