Red Quinoa Salad

I tried this last night and loved it! This dish can be used as a side or main dish- it's that filling. And the best part? It's super healthy! This entire bowl (which I ate for dinner and was full after eating about 1/4 of it) is only 276 calories, contains 12 grams of protein, and 9 grams of fiber! It also tastes good! Because quinoa contains a balanced set of amino acids, it's also a complete protein source and, it's gluten free. This meal's a winner



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Cooked Red Quinoa (prepare with 1 cup dry quinoa and 1.5 cups of water- just like rice)
  • 1/2 cup diced red onion
  • 1 cup drained and rinsed Black Beans
  • 2 cups Edamame (I purchased pre- shelled to make the process easier)
  • 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cook the Quinoa according to package directions. I let mine soak for 5 minutes and then drain with a mesh strainer. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover with lid and reduce to a simmer. Let cook for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile I also cook the edamame on the stove until no longer frozen and then drain.

Once everything is ready, combine all ingredients and eat. Yep- it's that easy. Enjoy!

Recipe from Reboot Your Life

Comments

  1. I love finding easy healthy dishes. Thank you for sharing! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks so healthy! My boy loves quinoa. Thanks for the simple recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum this looks so good! And less than 8 ingredients...my kind of recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts