Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Portobello Mushroom and Sage

Believe it or not, today I actually have a healthy recipe for you. I know, I'm shocked too. But it's really good, and surprisingly filling as well. Enjoy

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium acorn squash
  • Sea Salt
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 Large Onion, chopped
  • 4 Teaspoons Fresh Sage, chopped
  • Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes, optional

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim off each end of squash. Stand the squash upright and halve lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and seeds and discard. Brush each squash half with olive oil, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange cut sides down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the squash until the flesh is tender and the edges are golden brown, approximately 25- 35 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the squash halves over and set aside.
While the squash roasts, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat (Since my stove in electric, I did medium heat). Add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn translucent. Add the mushrooms, sage, salt, and red pepper flakes if using. Saute until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes.

Bring the squash halves near the mushroom mixture...

Fill each squash halve to the top, and bake for another 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and serve. And to make it a little unhealthy and super good, top with some shredded cheese like I did



Recipe from Reboot Express

Comments

  1. this looks super good! I'll have to try it out next week- but what is that soup you're making? I want that recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! and definitely appropriate for the chillier fall weather that has come around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash- it's basically my everything but the kitchen sink soup lol. I make it every time I have a bunch of veggies that need to be used. I start by sauteing onions and garlic in some olive oil in a large pot. Add then slowly add other veggies (usually summer squash, peppers, spinach, carrots, etc...) Towards the end, I add some soy sauce for flavor, and then add the broth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts