Blue Cheese & Bacon Mashed Potatoes

This past Thanksgiving, I made these yummy Blue Cheese & Bacon Mashed Potatoes. I love mashed potatoes- but add in some cheese and bacon and I'm even more in love. These would be great with steak too... mmm...


Ingredients:
  • 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 3 ounces bacon (6 slices)
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
  • 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled

Place the potatoes in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then crumble.

Add the milk, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash to the desired consistency (I added an extra couple tablespoons of butter than called for... because it was Thanksgiving... and I felt like it). Fold in the bacon, top with the blue cheese, and you're done! Enjoy!

Recipe via Real Simple

Comments

  1. YUM!! That looks so tasty! My husband is a little odd and will eat every form of potatoes except for mashed, but maybe I can work it in because of the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I've never met a person who didn't like mashed potatoes lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts