Wandering the Orchards at Oak Glen

This past weekend I wandered the orchards... and bakeries of Oak Glen with my mama. Oak Glen is a small apple orchard community in southern California. Definitely touristy... but also beautiful and lots of fun.

Our first stop was Apple Annie's Restaurant and Bakery. If you're coming here on the weekends, definitely stop by early- the line can get crazy long. My mom and I lucked out and got one of the high top tables on the corner of the deck. Apple Annie's is also home of the famous 5 pound Apple Pie. Trust me- you need to have a look for yourself- the top of the pie looks like a mountain... and I'm very sad I didn't get a picture.

Our next stop was Snow- Line Orchard where I sampled various fresh apple ciders. They were so refreshing and crisp I could have bought them all- but I restrained myself and only took the Original home with me.

Touring Oak Glen reminds me of wine tasting in Napa. All the orchards are near each- other but too far to walk- so you drive from one farm to the next. And since you're just chomping on baked goods and apples- there's no need to worry about driving

Most of the orchards also have live entertainment playing outside in the different picnic areas. I sang along to old George Strait songs with a few of them. My favorite had to be the family bluegrass band in the bottom photo... they were awesome...

My mom LOVES doughnuts. I grew up having a breakfast of doughnuts and soda at least once a week growing up. So although I no longer like them, my mom still can't get enough. Which is why she was super excited to see that they were making and selling fresh apple doughnuts... there was even a Donut Line


Oak Glen is having their Apple Butter Festival on Thanksgiving weekend. If you live in the area, I definitely recommend going. Besides apple butter tasting (which is reason enough to draw me in) there's going to be a cider pressing contest, horse drawn hayrides, quilt show, etc...

Last time I went to Oak Glen (couple of years ago), I took a picture with my mom and sis next to this Grandma Bakery sign. This time- my mom made me stand there by myself while she took my picture... I was a only slightly embarrassed

Have you ever been to Oak Glen? Or do you have a place like this near you?

Comments

  1. oh I love this! we stop at almost ALL of these places you listed (: and thanks for the heads up on Thanksgiving weekend! We are likely going up to Big Bear for a family photo shoot, so that would make an excellent stop along the way (: Glad you fun and the sun was shining (when is it never?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts