A Change of Pace & Taste



My body and taste buds have been throwing me a curve ball lately. For instance, after 27 years of hating everything to do with watermelons (I know, I know- how could I not like watermelons)- I finally do. And not only do I like them- I LOVE them! They're amazing.

Secondly, I'm becoming allergic to many other kinds of fruit! Strawberries, Blueberries,Kiwi, Raspberries, Pineapple, Citrus, all of these are making my tongue all prickly. And the more I eat them, the more severe my body's reaction. What the heck? I LOVE fruit- especially strawberries!  They've been my favorite fruit forever. And I'm pretty sure I put citrus on everything... so I don't know what's going on with me. I know both of my parents both became allergic to shellfish later in life, and my mom also developed an allergy to nuts out of nowhere-so I'm hoping both of those don't happen to me- but it's just so weird. How do you eat something your entire life and then one summer become allergic to it?

Have any of you developed allergies to different foods over time?

Comments

Popular Posts