Small Towns Equal Big Celebrations


National holidays are celebrated with such great flare in our small town, and 4'th of July is no exception. You can't help but feel transported back in time with neighbors decorating their fences with red, white, & blue banners while little girls sell lemonade to parade bystanders. We also normally have one of the best fireworks shows around. Unfortunately this year, the fireworks show was cancelled. And with all the fires that have been going on around us, I can't say I blame them.

But the 4'th still held all it's summertime greatness. A parade in the morning, relaxing and baking during the middle of the day, and our annual party at my husband's employer's house (and since that's also the place I worked my first summer out here- they're all just like family to me as well). Here are some photos I took at the parade...






Looking the opposite way down the street...

The farmer's market float were throwing fresh ears of corn out to everyone


I didn't stay for the entire parade. I started to feel like the weird creepy lady with no kids, taking pictures. But since the parade was going on only 3 houses from me, I continued to listen to the kids screaming, sirens blaring, and chants of "USA!" from my office window.  And it was awesome.


Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

Comments

Popular Posts