Silver Pencils & National Breast Cancer Awareness Month


October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So in honor of my mom, who I'm so proud of for walking the 60 mile Susan G Komen walk for the second time, I will be donating a portion of all proceeds from Silver Pencils BridalSilver Pencils Home for the month of October to their group "The Knocker Walkers for Teri's Tatas." My mom is walking for her good friend Teri, who is currently going through breast cancer, and my amazing Aunt Linda, a breast cancer survivor. You can read her story here.

I went down and supported my mom from the sidelines the first time she walked in 2006 and words do not exist to convey the sheer awesomeness of this event & the people involved. Any event to get rid of cancer is amazing. My best friend & I did a hike for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society in Rocky Mountain National Park a while back- and when you have a group of people getting together to say to cancer- "You suck and I'm going to do everything in my power to take you down" it's amazing- because most likely, almost everyone there has been affected by it- whether it's personally, a grandparent, a friend, a co- worker- and the experience and the camaraderie that come from these types of events is not only emotional and important, it's life changing.

And when I went to cheer on my mom and her team back in '06, I didn't even have to be a participant to feel that. These Breast Cancer walks are so full of joy, and support, and love, that you can't help but want to get involved. Take a look at the video here to catch a glimpse of what the 3 day is like.



For the SP donation, no need to do anything on your side. At the end of the month, I'll calculate the total and write the check from all of my awesome Silver Pencils customers! Let's do this!

Comments

Popular Posts